Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fantasy Football

This post wont win me over any fans. but who cares, that's not what im here for.
It's the end of June and around the time all you poor saps have your faces buried in those 8$ FF magazines. They are so worthless, i could write one up in a few days.

Those who puff the hookah of fantasy football believe that the leagues are just a harmless way to put average fans in a position to be more involved in the game. Fantasy football worships individual achievement, a far reach of what football is all about. The true meaning of football, the reason I become one with my television set every Sunday, is that it is the ultimate team sport.

I drafted Matt Forte in the 10th round last year. Didnt do me a damn thing. I had the best team every week, but would still get beat by some "dumbass chick" (not you lindsay) because every scrub player decided to get 150 yds and 2 TDs (think Amani Toomer, Jerricho Cotchery, etc)

Since the arrival of fantasy football, the passionate and loyal football fan has slowly withered into nothingness. Remember back in the day when the ticker showed a score and a few key performances? Now I get updates on my TV letting me know that Dominic Rhodes had one carry for three yards.

Sundays at Pelican Petes..on the bar stool next to me sits BG. BG is screaming at the top of his lungs for Warner to throw a TD pass to Fitzgerald. His favorite team is the 49ers. I tell BG to take a break from his wine coolers and cinnamon sticks and realize that the Cardinals and 49ers are in the same division. I take a second to look around and there are thirty BG's surrounding me. Real and true fans are nowhere in sight.

The cowboys fans are cheering for redskins to score a touchdown so they too can have a free shot of BG's cherry wine cooler. A few giants fans (and M.Barber owners) are in the corner hoping Barber gets a last second TD to help their scores. At this point i decide to leave before deciding to strangle somebody.

Last year was my last fantasy season. I will save my 150$ but will congratulate whoever wins at the end of the year (for winning a game based on pure luck).

-Sincerely your 2x FF Champion CS


1 comment:

SkinsLovaLinds said...

AGREED, it is 100% a game of luck... but it certainly does make the season all the more interesting. some are just moguls while others lack the skill. i certainly didnt win my last 2 seasons of fantasy sports by chance :) but for the record never will i ever have a dallas cowboy on my team. BAMAS!!!